A speech written by Norman Champ, the SEC’s Director of the Division of Investment Management, and delivered by David Grim, the SEC’s Deputy Director of the Division of Investment Management, at the Investment Management Institute 2013 in New York, outlined the Division’s short-term and long-term regulatory goals.
The speech divided the goals into two categories, immediate and long-term goals. The focus of the goals are summarized below:
- Pursue money market fund reform;
- Adoption of joint rules with CFTC on the red flag rule (identity theft); and
- Development of valuation guidance.
- Development of an ETF exemptive rule;
- Streamline Form N-SAR (or other mutual fund form) to enhance disclosures reported by mutual funds;
- Revision of Advisers Act rules to address private funds;
- Consideration of guidance and possible revision of regulatory regime with respect to derivatives; and
- Creation of a variable annuity summary prospectus.
Please click here to access the speech.